Six Main Committees
- First Committee (Disarmament and International Security Committee)
- Second Committee (Economic and Financial Committee)
- Third Committee (Social, Humanitarian and Cultural Committee)
- Fourth Committee (Special Political and Decolonization Committee)
- Fifth Committee (Administrative and Budgetary Committee)
- Sixth Committee (Legal Committee)
The Credentials Committee is mandated to examine the credentials of representatives of Member States and to report to the General Assembly.
The General Committee meets periodically throughout each session to review the progress of the General Assembly and its committees and to make recommendations for furthering such progress.